Police are investigating “incendiary” bomb threats that have left a police officer injured.
The threats targeting Irish Police were made on Twitter on Thursday, and are believed to have originated from the United Kingdom.
The police force’s Twitter account posted that a bomb squad had been called in to investigate.
It is understood that the police have received “a number of reports of suspicious activity on Twitter”.
A spokeswoman for Police Services Ombudsman Service said: “Following the police’s investigation into a threat against a member of the public, a bomb disposal squad was called to a property in Dublin.”
The incident was dealt with by gardaí and no one was injured.
“We are continuing to receive reports of incidents involving social media.”
She said police were “reviewing the incidents and any appropriate action is in place”.
Earlier this month, a number of social media posts were reported to have been made by members of the Irish Defence Forces.